7.25.2011

A Blog Birthday and an Epic Fail


A few days ago Sweet Treats turned 3!!! (Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Sweet Treats, Happy Birthday to you.)  So I thought it would be a cool idea to run a poll here and on our facebook page to see which one of our favourite recipes we should revisit for the occasion.  Surprise, surprise - peanut butter balls won!  (Chocolate and peanut butter - always a favourite!)

But just revisiting a recipe wasn't exciting enough.  I thought it would be really fun to put a new spin on an old favourite.  So what can you do to a peanut butter ball, I wondered...  Add BACON of course!!!
In theory - great idea.  In reality - kind of a fail.

I made the peanut butter ball filling as per usual and then added 6 strips of crumbled bacon.  I thought for sure the bacon flavour would add that nice smoky, salty layer to the peanut butter...  Um, no!  The bacon got totally lost in the peanut butter and all I was left with were peanut butter balls with added calories :(

Even though the recipe didn't work out the way I had hoped, I am still very happy that Sweet Treats has been around for three whole years and look forward to future blog birthdays.  And I am very thankful for all the readers across the world who take the time to stop by Sweet Treats every now and again.  Keep it coming - I will have new treats soon, I promise...  Strawberry rhubarb jam anyone???  Stay tuned!

Speaking of birthdays, I have one coming up very soon and can't decide what kind of sweet treat to celebrate with.  Suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. oh no! that WAS a great idea, too bad you couldn't really taste it :( happy blog birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learn from failures - trust me I've had enough of them. Maybe bigger bacon pieces and a drop or two of what they call that Liquid Smoke? Never tried the stuff myself.

    One of my all time favorites is a peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich on toast. There was a restaurant that actually sold them here years ago. They were good! Belated Happy Blog Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trust me I've had enough of them. Maybe bigger bacon pieces and a drop or two of what they call that Liquid Smoke? Never tried the stuff myself.

    ReplyDelete